Thursday, January 12, 2012

All Things TV

This blog is going to be dedicated to TV series that appear on any network, even, and especially premium networks such as HBO, STARZ & SHOWTIME. My first love for series started early in life and has only grown stronger since. I have always loved to watch characters' stories and personalities unfold before my eyes on the TV screen. Characters and plots within a TV series also tend to be more complex (for the most part), because of the length series shows provide.

This Blog will focus directly on the TV series that I know and love and will also outline new series that come to TV. With the exception of a few that go above and beyond average network TV, I will primarily focus on TV series that are a part of a premium network for 2 reasons. 1, there is a lot more violence and sex in series on a premium network and 2, these shows just generally tend to be better in every way.

Also, I normally set my sites on fictional programming when it comes to watching TV but some reality shows do catch my eye, especially if they are constantly talked about. I may just bring up a reality show just to poke fun at it. You will see a lot of this when it comes to MTV's, The Jersey Shore.

I have little tolerance for overly cheesy shows like Glee, The Big Bang Theory and Two and a half men (without Charlie Sheen). The use of dumb comedy never really interested me. For me to bring up comedy on this blog, the show better be pretty damn funny, unless of course I am just making fun of it.

Characters wouldn't be the same if they weren't played by actors and actresses who know what they are doing. If there is any acting going on that even resembles the under qualified cast of Twilight, it's certain that I will bring it up. I like to focus in on the actors and actresses and discuss casting, whether or not they were good for a role and if there is anyone else I believe could have been a better casting choice for a certain role. Bad casting seems to happen more in films than it does in TV but let's face it, it still happens.

I will also take a look at certain plots and even bring up certain episodes that I found to be fascinating. I will try to touch on every aspect of a TV series that I find to be important. I will also check the web for news about upcoming series, casting calls and returning series to post on this blog.

I am very excited to share my love of TV series with the world and that's the reason I started this blog. I like series that suck me in and keep me waiting for what will happen next. I hope to find others who share my taste in series or those that don't (it makes no difference to me). So for all you TV lovers' who have good taste, this is a good place for you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment